Archaeology Related Websites
- Hippos-Sussita Excavations Project Facebook Page
- The Zinman Institute of Archaeology – University of Haifa
- Research Authority – University of Haifa
- Faculty of Humanities – University of Haifa
- Department of Archaeology – University of Haifa
- The Department of Conservation, The Western Galilee College
- IAA – Israeli Antiquity Authority
- NPA – The Israel Nature and Parks Authority
- The Northeast Insula Project – Concordia University Partners
- The Israel Museum, Jerusalem
- The Hecht Museum, University of Haifa
- BAR – Biblical Archaeology Review
- Popular Archaeology
- The Bible and Interpretations
- Holy Land Sites Review
General Information Links
- International currency converter
- Israel Airports Authority
- Israel - useful general information for tourists
- Egged public transportation company
- Israel Railways
- Israeli Ministry of Transport
Resorts, Lodging and Food around the Sea of Galilee
- El Mul Golan Country Lodging (Kibbutz Sha'ar HaGolan)
- Ein-Gev Holiday Resort
- Marinado Meat Restaurant (Ein-Gev Junction)
The following recommendations are personal so it is for you to decide, Michael Eisenberg.
- Tiberias – The Oasis. A very friendly and affordable international hostel. Catholic guesthouse of the Emmanuel Community.
- Jerusalem – Abraham Hostel. A great place to stay in while in Jerusalem. Very international with a variety of affordable lodging. It may serve as a good starting point for travelers as the hostel offers a variety of tours both inside and out of Jerusalem. Try the Sabbath dinner, it's worthwhile.
Clothing and Equipment
- SunWay – outdoor UV protected clothing. You'll find here mainly shirts and hats. The company offers 10% discount for Hippos participants. To gain the discount add the code "Hippos Participant" when ordering.